- Canon Europe, world leader in digital imaging technology today announced that the Canon imageFORMULA P-150 will begin shipping across Europe from November 9, offering users the fastest duplex A4 portable scanner on the market, appealing to users in the rapidly growing personal scanner sector
- Featuring the fastest scanning speeds using USB powered input and an automatic document feeder that can handle up to 20 sheets at a time for productive batch scanning
- Capable of one-pass duplex scanning at a rapid 15 pages per minute (30ipm) the imageFORMULA P-150 operates almost at twice the rated speed of its closest competitor and can maintain its performance using only its USB Bus power input
- Ultra compact stylish design makes it ideal for the home, SoHo users and mobile executives
- The imageFORMULA P-150’s tiny footprint and stylish design is well-suited to SoHo environments, where desk space may often be limited, while the easy operation allows newcomers to document scanning to quickly get started
- The scanner is also the perfect tool for mobile workers who need to instantly transfer documents back to the office whilst on the move visiting customers or travelling on business
- Canon’s imageFORMULA P-150 is unique in its class with built-in software for instant plug-and-scan use from any PC. Its built-in CaptureOnTouch Lite software allows users to connect to any available desktop or laptop PC without the need to install additional driver or application software packages, making the imageFORMULA P-150 scanner truly portable
- For ease of use it also comes bundled with Canon’s standard version of CaptureOnTouch software, enabling simple and fast processing for routine scanning tasks and one-touch scanning for instant document capture
- High precision scanning quality is enhanced with built-in features such as auto page size detection, de-skew, auto text orientation and colour detection
- The bundled software package includes BizCard Reader to scan and import business card details, and Paperport for the easy filing, management and the retrieval of documents
- The Canon imageFORMULA P-150 is now available across Europe from November 9th, 2009
Sean Suematsu, Canon Europe, European Document Scanning Solutions Director
“The Canon design team have reinvented the portable scanner with the one of the fastest, lightest, quickest products in its class combined with a contemporary black-silk finish, demonstrating that we are leading the way in imaging technology, innovation and style in this market.
“Imagine the salesman or broker out on the road who has to transfer documents back to their office for processing. In recent years, they have had to travel perhaps once or twice a week to transfer the hardcopy documents to the office. With its USB-powered fast scanning operation and ultra-compact design, the Canon imageFORMULA P-150 improves worker productivity so they can scan documents wherever they are and transfer documents back to their office instantly at the touch of a button.”
Canon Europe is a subsidiary of Canon Inc. of Japan, a world-leading innovator and provider of imaging solutions for individuals and businesses.
The main business focus for Canon Europe is in two clearly defined markets: Business Solutions (developing IT products, solutions and services for the office and professional print environments) and Consumer Imaging (photo, video, printers, scanners, fax machines and multifunction devices).
Canon Europe also provides Industrial Products including broadcast lenses, semiconductor and medical equipment.
Canon Europe employs over 11,000 people across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Further information about Canon Europe is available at: www.canon-europe.com